Call for PhD students on 5G Network Data Analytics
Politecnico di Milano (www.polimi.it) is recruiting a PhD student as Early Stage Researcher (ESR) of the Marie Curie ITN project ACT5G (http://act5g.itn.liu.se) on the topic “Network Data Analytics”. The position is funded for 2 years by the project and for an additional year by Politecnico di Milano and offers a very competitive salary. The PhD student will spend 50% of the time of the project at Nokia Bell Labs in Stuttgart, and two months at the University of Maryland College Park as visiting student.
Application procedure: Applicants should send an e-mail to email@example.com with subject “ACT5G application” containing a single .pdf file with the following in English:
2)Transcript of MSc/BSc studies
4)Up to 3 reference letters
5)Research proposal (max 2 pages) on the topic “Network Data Analytics”
Deadline for application: January 15, 2017.
- The Applicants, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree
- At the time of recruitment, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their recruiting organization (Italy) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants should be fluent in communicating in English both in speaking and writing. A strong mathematical background in particular on stochastic models and data analysis is required. Solid skills in communication and networking technologies as well as on software development are also required. Competences in optimization and game theory are preferable skills.
- Prof. Antonio Capone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Matteo Cesana (email@example.com)