I would like to draw your attention to an open PhD position at the MOSAIC research group (https://mosaic.uantwerpen.be), connected to the University of Antwerp and iMinds, Belgium. The position is in the area of wireless networking for Internet of Things applications. Applications should be submitted through the online system (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/ap/2016bapdocproex186/) no later than August 15, 2016.
* You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of low-power wireless networks, specifically focusing on interference mitigation among different types of networks coexisting in sub-1GHz radio frequencies.
* You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
* You contribute to teaching and research in the MOSAIC research group of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Faculty of Sciences.
Profile and requirements
* You hold a master or engineering degree in computer science, informatics, mathematics, electronics, telecommunications or equivalent.
* You can submit outstanding academic results.
* Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
* Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
* You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
* Prior experience in the design or deployment of wireless network technologies is a plus, but not a necessary requirement.
* a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
* the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2016 or 1 January 2017;
* a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.189,88 - € 2.334,46;
* a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
* Applications may only be submitted online (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/ap/2016bapdocproex186/), and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter, until the closing date 15 August 2016.
* A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
* The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
* The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 22 August until 16 September 2016.
* More information about the application form can be obtained from Myra De Munck (Tel. +32 3 265 32 24).
* For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Jeroen Famaey at firstname.lastname@example.org.